Monday, September 05, 2005

1997 was definitely not the year of great music

The Mean Teacher had this meme on her page, which I shall now blatantly steal, because I really like her. It suggests you go to this page, cut'n'paste the top 100 tunes of your graduation year, and then mark your preferences and the songs you hate. I think I'll follow her lead and only leave the songs I don't hate, or as she put it, the " songs that didn't make me want to puke."

The Ten Top 100 Songs of 1997 That Didn't Totally Suck

15. Bitch, Meredith Brooks
38. Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?, Paula Cole
39. Sunny Came Home, Shawn Colvin
55. If It Makes You Happy , Sheryl Crow
60. Everyday Is A Winding Road, Sheryl Crow
63. Building A Mystery, Sarah McLachlan
64. I Love You Always Forever, Donna Lewis
69. Tubthumping, Chumbawamba
77. Secret Garden, Bruce Springsteen
94. Barbie Girl, Aqua (okay, this one is a guilty secret, I know it's annoying, but I think it's a hilarious song)

2 comments:

Holley Wilson Mayville said...

She sang backup for Peter Gabriel.

My dirty secret is that I bought the album "Tubthumping" is on.

V said...

Yeah, so did I. And I liked it.