Friday, August 19, 2005

Polyamory Resources

Okay, it seems like I've had quite a few conversations lately with people regarding polyamory, and since I can, I'd like to present some of the resources we have used in our explorations.

One of the best sites to begin with is the standby, alt.polyamory.

Then there's Wikipedia's section on polyamory, which is quite informative.

I highly recommend reading The Ethical Slutby Dossie Easton and Catherine A. Liszt. It has great content about dealing with multiple relationships, handling jealousy, resolving conflicts, and generally lots of stuff about non-traditional relationships.

The following are some articles written by the very beautiful and talented Mistress Matisse for her column Control Tower in The Stranger, a Seattle newspaper. She has some very good things to say about polyamory, but remember that what she says deals with her own experiences. I, for one respect her opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Poly Play

Polysexuality

Is She or Isn't She?

Pulling Rank

Get Over Getting Over It

Poly Rules

Non-Competition Clause

Nothing in any of these resources is set in stone. There are many good guidelines, but only you and your partner or partners can decide what is right for you at the time and in the place you are right now. I don't know everything there is to know about being poly. No one does. These are just a handful of what is out there. All you have to do is type polyamory into a search engine like Google, and at last count there are at least 190,000 pages that come up.


"May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live." - R. A. Heinlein

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, see if I had just read further I would have seen you already had the book I recommended.

Have not read those articles before, I'll have to look at them.

~Rain