Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Yet another internal debate

It has come up recently in a couple of conversations, my realization that I could take or leave swinging. I'm just not as into it as some people I see. I don't have personal ads out everywhere, I'm not on a bunch of message board groups, and it doesn't bother me. My last few experiences at it with people other than my friends have been less than thrilling anyway. The sex aspect of it is nice, but what I've really been after is that connection with people. The friendships, the intimacy that comes with knowing someone for more than an evening.

I have what I've always wanted, what I need. I have my partners, both primary and secondary, my intimate friends, and other good friends. I don't remember being this happy ever. But I know from experience that I should still get out there and meet new people. If I don't I will get too settled and stagnant. Can't have that now can we?

Besides, I don't think I could just quit going to the swing club I like to go to, even if I only went to see friends. Speaking of which, I need to get my butt up there this Thursday. I think it's been three weeks since my last time, which is totally out of character.

No comments: