Friday, June 10, 2005

My new toy

-well at least for a week. Until I get one of my own.

See, a friend of a friend works with leather. My friend was talking to him about possibly trying to make our own floggers. So he went ahead and made a prototype, which is lying right across my lap as I type. For a first try this is beautiful. (Not that I'm an expert.) It's a navy blue and black flogger.

I'd say the falls are about 15-16 inches. He used clothing grade leather, so its not too heavy. He pointed the tips, which is a nice decorative touch, and gives it a nice sting. We haven't tested it out too much yet, but I like the feel of it so far. A nice thud with just enough sting to make it interesting.

The black has a shiny side and the blue are suede. The handle feels nice, not too long. And while the covering of the handle isn't the really neat braided style you see on expensive floggers, it does have a criss-cross thong decoration, which gives a good grip, and pretty upholstery tacks for decoration. The only thing lacking is a wrist loop at the end.

But. The most awesome part? This friend is going to teach us how to make them. He's even going to provide the leather/glue/tools. All we have to do is bring our own dowel and suede if we want it. And other than that, it's free. As in no charge. No money. Zero.

So now, as cheesy as it's always sounded to me, I can practice a bit on a pillow or something. At least this week. Oh I can't wait until I get my own.

2 comments:

V said...

Okay, I know it's probably tacky to comment on my own blog, but I don't feel like editing it to add this right now.

I love this thing, this beautiful work of art. I've just been sitting here smelling the leahter and running my fingers through the thongs and running it across my skin. It is soooo hot. I feel all tingly just playing with it. So sexy.

kasey said...

I jsut found your site through some other site. How interesting, when I lived in NE Ohio I never found any friends that were nearly as much fun! Now this is a summer camp I could get into -- this morning's activity: make your own flogger; followed by lunch and nap time; this afternoon hands on lessons on saves and lotions for applying to sore bottoms.

Sorry, I got carried away. You don't even know me!