Thursday, May 19, 2005

If I lived there I'd go every day

I had the afternoon free yesterday, so I made plans with a friend to meet at a park up on Lake Erie. It was destined to be a good day, for I did not get the least bit lost. Got there almost an hour early, but on purpose. If I can, I give myself extra time to get somewhere the first time I go, cause I get lost.

It was sunny and cool, windy. I, dork that I am, forgot my jacket. But it didn't matter. The lake and beach and trees tinged with green were all just so beautiful. I sat on a picnic table on the beach and just watched the water.

Maybe it's ironic or something, but it put me in mind of watching a fire. The constantly changing patterns of the waves. Always changing but always the same. Hypnotizing you the same way watching a campfire does. I could have sat and watched until the sun went down.

But I was freezing, so I went back to my car to wait the remaining fifteen minutes until my friend arrived. We went to dinner and talked a lot. Yep, I'll definitely be going back there when I can.

No comments: