Friday, April 29, 2005

Censorship

That word makes me so angry. Today I'm reading news stories on how "decency police" are trying to regulate what people can see on TV. Yes, certain things shouldn't be shown at certain times. Parents should know what their kids are watching. But I'm an adult. I pay for cable. Let me watch what I want. If I find something offensive, guess what, I can change the channel or turn it off.

And don't even get me started on schools banning certain books. Looking at a list of the most frequently banned books of the 1990's just amazes me. Works by Mark Twain, J. D. Salinger, Roald Dahl, Maya Angelou, John Steinbeck, and many others were banned. I've read a lot of these, and they were good books. Have we forgotten the First Amendment?

1 comment:

*J* said...

There is no first amendment in Jesusland.